Assistant Professor (Psychology)
Specialization: Cognition and Health Psychology
Areas of Specialization
Health Psychology, Social Cognition, Social and Cultural Psychology, Health and Illness Narratives, Gender Differences in Illness Experiences.
- Ph.D. (Thesis Submitted) IIT Kanpur
- M.A (Psychology) C.C.S University Meerut
Current Topic of Research
- Social Representations of HIV
- Illness Narratives
• Malik. A & Dixit. S (2017). Women Living with HIV/AIDS: Psychosocial Challenges in the Indian Context. Journal of Health Management. 19(3) 1–21 DOI: 10.1177/097206341666634
• Malik. A & Dixit. S (2017) Widowhood and HIV: A Narrative of Pain, Illusion and Predicament. Accepted for publication in the International Journal of Gender and Women’s Studies. 5(1)
• Malik. A & Dixit. S. Barriers to Antiretroviral Therapy Adherence. Accepted for publication in Economic & Political Weekly.
• Malik. A & Dixit. S. “Gender and HIV/AIDS: Psychosocial Determinants. “International Conference on Youth, Gender & HIV, organized by Amity University, Lucknow campus August 12-13, 2014.
• Malik. A & Dixit. S. “Integrating Mental Health Care for People Living with HIV/AIDS.”XXIV Annual Convention of National Academy of Psychology (NAOP), jointly organized by Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) & National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research (NITTTR), Bhopal December 12-14, 2014.
• Malik. A & Dixit. S. “Cognitive Adaptation and Chronic Illness: Exploring the current status and future possibilities in research.” 3rd International Conference on Recent Advances in Cognition and Health, organized by Department of Psychology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi December 19-21, 2014.
• Malik. A& Dixit. S. “Gender based Violence and Gender Inequalities: HIV Risk among Women.” 1stInternational Conference of Indian Academy of Health Psychology, organized by Department of Psychology, University of Jammu, Jammu December 6-8, 2015.
• Malik. A & Dixit. S “Reactions subsequent to the diagnosis of HIV: Narrative Inquiry” 2nd International Conference of Indian Academy of Health Psychology, organized by Gautama Buddha University, Noida December 16-18, 2016.
• Presented Paper titled “Attribution and Poverty” on Research Scholars’ Day of the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences. April 6, 2014.
Awards and Fellowship
- Institute Fellow, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 2007-2012
- UGC-NET June 2011
- University Gold Medal in M.A
- Scholarship Award for Outstanding Performance in B.A
Membership of Professional Organizations
- National Academy of Psychology (NAOP)
- Indian Academy of Health Psychology